How to order braids -
To order braids, please indicate the following details, if possible:
- Fiber: we produce braids made of all synthetic fibers and sometimes also natural fibers. The kind of fiber depends on the braid use and the breaking load required. In any case, if you want a special fiber, please indicate it.
- Kind: it is the braid look and can be “round” or “flat”. The braid can also be simple or double (much more resistant)
- Working: “Granito” or “Sebino”. The braid is interlaced in 2 ways to get a smooth tow texture (“Sebino”) or raised texture (“Granito”)
- Diameter MM: it is the main technical detail, directly linked to the braid resistance. The diameter is the braid section, measured by a gauge and expressed in millimeters.
- Core: Braids are produced with or without a core. Braids with a core usually have a superior resistance.
- Consistecy: it is linked to a “touch effect” and to the braid flexibility (it often depends on the specific use). It also depends on the presence of the core. Standard consisencies are: rigid, semi-rigid, normal and soft (rigid and semi-rigid to get quite a “hard” braid, normal/soft to get a more flexible and handy braid).
- Color: the usual standard color for braids is white. In any case, a wide range of colors is available. We can also produce a color according to your sample. Moreover, it is possible to get braids with colored “hints”.
- Quantity: it is the quantity needed, usually expressed in meters or Kg. If required, it is possible to supply braids already cut in pieces of the size needed.
- Packaging: braids are normally sold in bobbins of several standard size. If you need special packaging, please indicate it.
- Use: if possible, please indicate the kind of use, so that we can suggest you the item that best fits your application.